Digital Credential System
- Through the HKBU Digital Credential System, students approved for graduation from 2020 onwards may access their official transcripts, from 2021 onwards* may access their diplomas, and from 2023 onwards may access their graduation letters. All graduates can share their available digital credentials in electronic format with a third party such as an employer, an employment agency, or an educational institution.
- Electronic transcripts/diplomas/graduation letters directly downloaded from the HKBU Digital Credential System are official and authentic; those received in other ways should be verified through the System to ensure authenticity.
- The System supports at this stage transcripts of students approved for graduation from 2020 onwards, diplomas of students approved for graduation from 2021 onwards* as well as graduation letters of students approved for graduation from 2023 onwards. It will be expanded by phase to provide other types of academic documents and cover current students as well as previous graduates.
- If you wish to apply for an official transcript (paper) or replacement diploma, please go to Academic Record for information.
*Excluding graduates of Taught Postgraduate joint degree programmes (i.e. MSc in Entrepreneurship and Global Marketing and MSc in Global Marketing Management programmes)
- A student who has been approved by the Senate for graduation will receive a notification email via their HKBU email account when his/her electronic transcript and electronic graduation letter are available in the HKBU Digital Credential System. After his/her graduation ceremony, the student will receive a notification email via their HKBU email account when his/her electronic diploma is available in the HKBU Digital Credential System.
- The graduate may then login to the HKBU Digital Credential System with his/her SSOid to download the e-transcript/e-diploma/e-graduation letter or share it with another person or institution.
- To share the e-transcript/e-diploma/e-graduation letter, the graduate needs to provide the email address of the document recipient (one recipient at a time) in the System. The System will send an email embedded with a download link to the recipient.
- The download link is protected by an access code, which will be sent to the recipient in a separate email.
- The recipient may download the e-transcript/e-diploma/e-graduation letter from the System within 30 days. After 30 days, the download link will expire.
- The recipient may validate the authenticity of the e-transcript/e-diploma/e-graduation letter via the System.
- Electronic transcripts/diplomas/e-graduation letters are in Portable Document Format (PDF) viewable with a PDF reader.