Who can apply?
Student absent from an examination due to extenuating circumstances can apply for make-up examination, such as:
- other personal emergencies
However, if student absent from an examination due to the following situations would normally NOT be considered for make-up examination:
- Elective surgery scheduled to be held on an examination day
- Public examinations such as HKDSE Examination, TOEFL, SAT, GRE, GMAT, etc., held on an examination day
- Having forgotten or misread the examination schedule
- Student may submit a completed Application Form for Make-up Examination together with supporting document(s) to the Academic Registry.
- In case of illness or injury, the application should include a medical certificate recommending for sick leave on the date of the missed examination by a qualified medical practitioner.
- Applications must be made within 5 working days (for Semester 1/2) or 1 working day (for Summer Programme) after the missed examination.
- The make-up examination application will be considered by the relevant Department/Programme Office and the Academic Registry.
- Students will be notified of the result of their applications for make-up examination in early January for Semester 1 and in early June for Semester 2 via email .
- Make-up examinations timetable for Semester 1/2 will be announced 1 week before the make-up examination period stated on the Academic Calendar. Students should check the details by themselves.
- No other arrangements will be made if the students is unable to attend the make-up examinations.
- For details, please refer to the General Regulations for Make-up Examination.