Applications should be submitted online via the Online Application Systemi. Applicants are required to submit the following supporting documents along with their application:
- HKID card (for local applicants); Passport or other identity documents of home country (for non-local applicants)ii. Please click here for details.
- Degree certificate(s)/graduation diploma(s), and transcript(s)iii for academic qualification(s) supporting the application
- English proficiency test results (e.g. TOEFL/IELTS results)iv
- Hong Kong public examination results, if applicable (e.g. HKCEE/HKALE/HKDSE)
- Other relevant test results, if applicable (e.g. GMAT, GRE)
- Certificate(s)/supporting document(s) of scholarship(s) and prize(s)
- Certificate(s) of professional qualification(s)
- Sample(s) of publication or research work/record of research experience/publication list
Confidential Reference Form
All applicants, except those applying for the Postgraduate Diploma in Education, are required to provide confidential references from two referees. The University will invite the referees via email to submit online Confidential Reference Form to a designated online platform within two weeks upon the applicant’s successful submission of the application.
To avoid delay in processing the application, applicants are therefore reminded to check the accuracy of the referees' information and follow up with the referees as appropriate for submission of the Confidential Reference Form.
Proof of Application Fee Payment
The non-refundable application fee is HK$450.
i An acknowledgment email will be sent to the applicant once he/she has successfully submitted the application online. Upon successful submission of the application, applicants are not required to email or post any supporting document(s) to the University. If further document(s) is needed, the University will send a follow up email directly to the applicants.
ii Non-local students are defined as students holding student visa / entry permit, visa under the Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates, or dependent visa who are aged 18 years old or above before 1 September of the year of which they are admitted to relevant post-secondary programmes in Hong Kong issued by the Director of Immigration.
iii Upon receipt of the admission offer, applicants are required to arrange sending the official transcript(s) of the academic qualification(s) to the Academic Registry (Taught Postgraduate Studies Section) directly by the awarding institution(s)/authorities. HKBU graduates/students are exempted from submitting the official transcript(s) for their previous/current studies in the University.
iv The test result provided should be within two years from the date of issuance of the Admission Offer letter. Test result of TOEFL iBT Home Edition or IELTS Indicator is not accepted. Individual programmes may stipulate different English language requirements, or equivalent acceptable qualifications, suitable for their fields of study. For programme specific entrance requirements, please click here for details.