Gender Studies Concentration
Gender Studies Concentration which consists of 21 units is an Interdisciplinary Concentration co-offered by the Faculty of Arts and the Faculty of Social Sciences. The Gender Studies Concentration aims at delivering a unique opportunity for students to add breadth to their major studies, through being exposed to the way gender intersects with a variety of spheres of knowledge, power relations, and professional settings.
Useful Notes on Taking the Interdisciplinary Concentration
Curriculum of Gender Studies Concentration
- BBA students can make use of the free electives to pursue a 2nd concentration within BBA by completing 7 required courses (or 21 units) of the 2nd concentration.
- Transferred courses/exempted courses may serve to fulfill the 2nd concentration requirement but the number of units for transferred courses/exempted courses allowed for the 2nd concentration is limited to 6 units.
- Students who have successfully accumulated 21 units required by the 2nd concentration may apply for graduation with the 2nd concentration between 1-31 March of their final year.
- The Academic Registry will email all final year students to invite application for 2nd concentration via the BUniPort. Results will be released to the students via the BUniPort.
- Please check out the details of 2nd Concentration from the School of Business .