Introduction of Double Major Programmes
For introduction of Double Major (DM) programmes, the Programme Planning Team is required to submit a proposal adhering to the following framework for consideration and endorsement of the Faculty/School Board prior to submission to the Senate via the Quality Assurance Committee (QAC) for approval:
- Each Major will consist of at least 60 units.
- Overlaps will be permitted to a maximum of 30 units only.
- A clash-free timetable will be guaranteed for core courses of both the Home and Second Majors.
Implementation Guidelines for DM Programmes
- A detailed joint proposal should be prepared by the Departments of the Home and Second Majors, and be submitted to the Senate (via QAC) for approval on a case-by-case basis.
- Details such as the time for students to declare the Second Major and the admission requirements for each of the major studies should be specified in the programme proposal for QAC's consideration.
- Upon Senate's approval to the launch of a DM programme, implementation details should be specified by the Departments concerned.
- All rules and regulations pertaining to the Ug programmes of the University shall be applicable to the DM programmes.