- A student who wishes to appeal against course-based assessment including examination grades should first appeal in writing to the course instructor and Department Head/Programme Director concerned within 3 weeks after students are notified of the course semester grades.
- The course instructor, or a review panel as decided by the Department Head/Programme Director, shall review the case and report to the Department Head/Programme Director, giving explanations. The student should be informed of the decision within 6 weeks from the day he/she lodges an appeal. Any changes in grades should be reported to the Academic Registry at the same time.
- If the student is not satisfied with the decision of the reassessment, he/she may appeal in writing to the Academic Registrar within 2 weeks after receiving the decision from the Programme, giving full reasons in support of the appeal. A fee will be charged for the appeal.
The Academic Registrar shall review the case and determine if there are grounds for re-consideration:
• If the Academic Registrar considers that there are insufficient grounds for the appeal, the appeal will be refused and the decision is final.
• If the appeal is accepted, the Academic Registrar shall reconsider the case in consultation with the course instructor and the Department Head/Programme Director to make a final decision. If deemed appropriate, the Academic Registrar may convene an Appeal Panel to review the case to make a final decision.