1. For programmes offered by UIC, revisions to the admission requirements could be submitted to the HKBU-Senate directly for consideration and approval in parallel
with the endorsement process of the UIC-Senate.
2. Fine adjustments
to admission offers beyond the approved intake quotas for self-financed programmes (UG programmes administered by CIE & UIC, and TPg programmes administered by Graduate School), together with justifications for such adjustments, should be reported to the Chairman of QAC for information and advice via the Academic Registry or
Graduate School respectively. In line with this, it should be noted
that while the QAC may consider small adjustments of admissions quotas to ascertain academic quality, the approval to substantial increase
of intake quotas shall rest with the Academic Development Committee (ADC) which would deliberate such proposed increase from a resource perspective.
3. For revisions to the GE courses, please go to the GE Course Revision/Addition/Replacement Protocols for the requisite procedures for approval of the GE Committee (staff login is required): http://ge.hkbu.edu.hk/faculty/protocols/
4. For UIC-GE courses and UIC-WPE modules that are not offered by programmes/divisions of UIC, they are monitored by UIC-course panels, UIC-Committee on General Education, and UIC-Committee on WPE Experiential Learning, respectively.
5. For programmes offered by UIC, approval of the UIC-Senate via the UIC-QAC is required.
6. For programmes offered by AVA & SCE, approval of the QAC is required.
7. For programmes offered by UIC, approval of the UIC-Division Board is required.
1. Divisions of UIC are equivalent to Faculties; Programmes are equivalent to Departments in HKBU. Nevertheless, a more stringent QA approach had been adopted by the UIC on certain types of programme revisions with regard to its internal quality assurance system and procedures.
2. Changes that affect the content of the University Student Handbook should be brought to the attention of the Academic Registrar by the respective Faculty/School/AVA/UIC-Senate.
Last updated on 16 December 2019