Information for Programme Marshals
I. Duties and roles of Programme Marshals
A brief description of the duties of Programme Marshals is as follows:
1. The Programme Marshal will dress in academic regalia and arrive at the AC Hall 30 minutes before the Ceremony
to join the rehearsal with graduates. Staff of the Academic Registry will brief the Programme Marshal upon his/her
arrival at the AC Hall on the on-site arrangement.
2. The conferment of degrees will begin immediately after the Special Music Programme. A colleague of the Academic
Registry will help conduct the traffic of the graduates in the auditorium. The Programme Marshal will assist in lining
up the graduates before they ascend the stage one by one.
3. The Programme Marshal will lead the graduates to the right aisle of the auditorium. He/she will then proceed on
to the stage and stand in front of the Lectern.
4. The first candidate will present his/her name card to the Programme Marshal. The Programme Marshal will first
read out the programme title, which is attached to the name card of the first candidate. After that, the Programme
Marshal will read out (either in English, Cantonese or Putonghua) the names of graduates one by one .
5. While the last candidate for the conferred degree is descending the platform, the Programme Marshal will walk to the
front of the Presiding Officer, bow slightly to him/her, then descend from the left side of the platform, and return to
6. For Programme Marshals who serve more than one programme, please take note of the following arrangement:
a. If the other programme is next in order: Stay on stage to read out names of the candidates of the next programme;
b. If candidates of the other programme will only be conferred degree at a later stage: Descend the stage and go to the
seat which has been assigned to the programmme marshal for the second programme.
II. Programme Schedule
III. Order of Ceremony (Available by the end of September)
Thursday, 15 November 2018 (Session 1 - Session 4)
Friday, 16 November 2018 (Session 5 - Session 8)
Saturday, 17 November 2018 (Session 9 - Session 12)
Monday, 19 November 2018 (Session 13 - Session 15)
IV. Lists of Graduates
The Lists of Graduates will be sent to Programme Marshals via email by the end of October 2018.
Programme Marshals are invited to attend the rehearsal scheduled for the afternoon of Wednesday, 14 November 2018 at the AC Hall during which the Programme Marshals will go through the ceremonial procedures. For colleagues who serve as Programme Marshal for the first time, you are highly recommended to attend the rehearsal. Please confirm your attendance by Monday, 22 October 2018.
VI. Loan of Academic Regalia
Please dress in academic regalia for the Ceremony. Programme Marshals will be invited by email to make reservation of academic regalia, if necessary, during the period from 10 to 22 October 2018. The reserved items will be placed in the OEE601, East Wing, Oen Hall Building, Ho Sin Hang Campus, for your collection from 45 minutes before the ceremony. Please return the items to OEE 601 after the Ceremony.
: Ms Joyce Choi (ext. 2269; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
17 September 2018